Court Farm, an independent evangelical church, was established over 75 years ago, in 1938. A small band of men & women of vision took a large patch of green grass at the top of Court Farm Road and turned it into a thriving church at the heart of the new community that was being built; a place where we are glad to say we still aim and seek to be! Our mission is to be real, relevant and relationship-orientated. Our passion is to know Jesus Christ in all His fullness and to make Him known through the power and work of the Holy Spirit in the way we serve our community.
During that first, hot, summer one of the founders went round the estate ringing a hand-bell, gathering a following of children like, the Pied Piper, every Sunday for a Sunday School on the grassy area close to the where the ‘Mission’, as it was to become affectionately known, was being built. With the formation of the NHS in 1948 more adjoining land was acquired and a new Medical Suite was built, functioning as it does today as a separate Christian Doctor’s surgery under the name of ‘The Links Medical Practice’ (The ‘Link’ is still there with the Downham surgery, both are classed as a joint practice).
In the late 1990s the Church appointed a pastor for the first time, the Rev Brian Collie who was the pastor for 25 years. John Hayward was appointed as pastor having a burden to see the remnant church built up in these last days, holding fast to the Word of God, and filled with the Holy Spirit.